The energy sector has been affected by plunging prices, economic slowdown in emerging economies, and geopolitical change and instability, leading energy companies to adopt cost cutting measures to increase the efficiency and monetary return from the existing infrastructure. As a result, energy companies have taken a step towards improving ICT policies and initiatives.
ICT investment trends in energy presents the findings from a survey of 114 energy companies regarding their Information and Communications Technology (ICT) investment trends. The survey investigates how energy companies currently allocate their ICT budgets across the core areas of enterprise ICT expenditure: hardware, software, IT services, communications, and consulting.
The report illustrates the core technologies that energy companies are investing in, including security products, IoT, cloud computing, and network services. The survey also highlights the approach to purchasing technology adopted by energy companies. Through survey, the report aims to provide a better insight to ICT vendors and service providers when pitching their solutions to energy companies. The report focuses on energy companies ‘ ICT expenditure trends for specific business areas and technologies, identifying the top three IT projects, and understanding the business challenges faced by organizations.
Browse Full Research Report With TOC: http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/ict-investment-trends-in-energy
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- How ICT budgets are set to change in 2016 in terms of their overall size
- Allocation across the core elements of IT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications, and consulting
- Distribution of ICT money in areas such as the networks, applications, service desk, and data centers
- Which ICT functions energy companies are interested in outsourcing
- Energy companies’ investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as security products, IoT, cloud computing, and network services
- Factors that are influencing energy companies’ investments in each technology category
- How energy companies’ IT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category
- Energy companies’ distribution of their ICT budget across various segments within a technology category
- Vendor satisfaction ratings for various core and advanced technology categories
- Insight into energy companies’ preferred buying approaches
- Business objectives that energy companies are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategies
- Factors that are influencing energy companies’ decisions to select an ICT provider
- Survey reveals that hardware and software are the prime areas of focus among energy companies.
- Energy companies are making considerable investments in data center facilities and service desk functionality.
- ‘Increase customer satisfaction’, ‘survival’, and ‘competitive advantage’ is the most important business objective influencing the IT investment strategy of energy companies.
Reasons To Buy:
- Understand how the energy companies’ ICT landscape is set to change in 2016 to prioritize your target market
- Comprehend how ICT money are being allocated by energy companies in specific geographies and size bands to improve your market penetration
- Make effective business decisions by recognizing the opportunities within each of the core areas of ICT spend (hardware, software, IT services, telecommunications, and consulting)
- Realign your sales initiatives by understanding the current strategic objectives of energy companies
- Enhance your market segmentation with the included, detailed breakdown of opportunities within selected technology categories (security products, IoT, cloud computing, and network services)
- Prioritize your focus areas by understanding which factors are influencing energy companies’ decisions when selecting an ICT provider
- Understand the changes in customers’ priorities and identify the business objectives that energy companies are looking to achieve through their ICT investment strategies
See More Reports of This Category by Radiant Insights: http://www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/ict
About Radiant Insights,Inc
Radiant Insights is a platform for companies looking to meet their market research and business intelligence requirements. We assist and facilitate organizations and individuals procure market research reports, helping them in the decision making process. We have a comprehensive collection of reports, covering over 40 key industries and a host of micro markets. In addition to over extensive database of reports, our experienced research coordinators also offer a host of ancillary services such as, research partnerships/ tie-ups and customized research solutions.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
28 2nd Street, Suite 3036, San Francisco, CA 94105, United States
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519